Totsiso - Your Poker Guide Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An article intro

Go down

An article intro Empty An article intro

Post  Admin Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:20 pm

I recently search out of poker (almost one year) and I loved it from the first game. The anxiety caused from the poker game play is incredible and unprecedented until I met poker.
The madness starts when you trying to understand the poker odds and to use them in your play (and if this is necessary). That‘s because I can’t find one way to appraise my hand so to bet the appropriate amount. This confusion is caused from some improbable games and I present you one of them below.
I was playing on Titan Poker (hopefully I was on a table with 0.05/0.10 stakes) and this is the history of the table:
An article intro Lolhistory

As you figured I was hold the pocket aces and the other player (As, 9s). After the game I calculated the odds and I wanted to start choke with sobs, not because of the lost money but because this guy didn’t afraid the three of a kind (if I was holding 3) but neither a high pair. So after the calculation these are the results:
Poker odds before the flop: Pocket aces 87.78% - Tie 1.31% - (As, 9s) 10.91%
Poker odds after flop: Pocket aces 86.77% - Tie 0.10% - (As, 9s) 13.13%
Poker odds after the turn: Pocket aces 93.18% - Tie 2.27% - (As, 9s) 4.55%
Beyond any doubt “this is poker” but farther away the mathematics and the poker odds the conclusion I made in this year I play poker is to trust your instinct. You must first see what type of players you have in your table (do not change the window when you fold), how they act when they have high cards or pocket pairs for example and assuredly don’t play if you don’t have the mood or you are tired. Your physical conditions are important on how you will react if you loose a pot. If you agree with me I think that there are 3 keys in poker. Collectedness, Instinct and Logic.

Admin
Admin

https://totsiso.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum